The crisis of the seventeenth century and the War of Succession stagnated the town in 124 houses inhabited. Later the town would grow until reaching the 820 inhabitants in 1768, and the 1020 inhabitants in 1787.

From there, the growth would be constant and sustained, as well as the appearance of new urban roads, product of a prodigious increase of birth rate and market-oriented agriculture. In 1828 (s. XVIII) La Font had 400 houses and 450 families. In 1860, were 2002 inhabitants, in 1877 were 2121 inhabitants and in 1900, were 2192 inhabitants. Between 1900 and 1910 although there was an increase of 13% of the population with 2477 inhabitants.

But the crisis of the phylloxera, the destruction of the vineyards of passes, caused the emigration of labor to Argentina, New York, Algeria, etc. Later, the age of orange came and a new demographic increase, to the 3015 inhabitants in 1950 and the 3316 in 1970. From this moment, the crisis of the export of the orange and the traditional rural society, would cause a new setback; 3249 inhabitants in 1975. In the last years of immigration it has increased the population to the more than 4000 inhabitants registered in 2008, of which 16.6% are foreigners.